Effective July 1, 2015, the Training Steering Committee has implemented new policies and procedures for training travel reimbursement. These procedures apply to any member of the Colorado child welfare workforce including, but not necessarily limited to, caseworkers, supervisors, foster parents, and case aides.
When your are attending a training provided by the Child Welfare Training System (CWTS) or another CDHS-approved training provider and travel is required and lodging is authorized:
- Coordinate with your county or certifying authority’s designated representative to select, reserve, and pay for your hotel accommodations.
- Submit your travel reimbursement forms to your designated county representative. Your county representative will submit reimbursement requests to the CDHS Division of Child Welfare Training Unit.
- Your county will be reimbursed by the state at the government rate (reimbursement amounts may not exceed $110 per night).
- The cost of an individual hotel room will be reimbursed. Room sharing is not required.
- Whenever possible, arrange for lodging that includes a continental breakfast. CWTS trainings are not catered.